Monday, December 18, 2006

Felted purses

I love felting, wet felting that is.

I haven't actually done that much of it, but when I do I enjoy it so much.

I have made most of my Christmas presents this year, fun fun fun, and I have two cousins 22 and 19 that I wanted to give a small gift to.

these little purses are a design a fellow crafter friend makes and I keep admiring, she suggested they would make great little tampon holders. I thought so too, and decided this was the perfect gift for them.



I made one square piece of felt and cut it down the middle, blanket stitched up the sides leaving a flap with a decorative edge.

the first one I added a tie that just wraps around and folds under, so cute,

and the other has a button.



I also got my 3 1/2 year old making apiece of felt, she had a ball with this, soap all over........

and I sewed it up into a slightly bigger purse
which perfectly fits a pair of sunnies, a present for her MarMar/gran.





whipup





2 comments:

kris said...

so beautiful. and very simple. am inspired to learn more about felting too. merry christmas.

kris said...

hi. thanks for the comment. i was wondering if i could ask you a couple of questions about submitting to whiplash. i want to submit my christmas cards but i have had some trouble uploading buttons and i'm not quite sure how to isolate the page so the link is only to that bit of my blog...? i'm a newby here and a bit hopeless with this technology stuff! can you help? my email is on my blog. k.